Saturday 8 September 2012

DIY: Bedroom Wall

Today I woke up and realised that my bedroom walls were looking a bit barren, bare and boring, but most of all they lacked character. Looking around my bedroom I wondered that if all the contents of my room was emptied and only the walls remained, would I be able to identify it as something I'd like? Definitely not. So please, let me ramble about my DIY journey in which I have transformed my bedroom and hope that you find it useful too!

 I decided that if I was going to switch up my room I may as well go big or go home (A figure of speech as I am already home hahah). I had a search through some boxes under my bed and found stacks and stacks of magazines, previous calendars, posters, fancy packaging, concert tickets, etc etc. I gathered them all up in a pile on my floor and got snipping away. 
You'll probably notice (as it's impossible not to!) that the main theme of my room now is Taylor Swift. Although she is a huge inspiration to me I am no way implying that your room should be about Taylor Swift or heck, even a celebrity! My room is mainly Taylor Swift because sifting through the pile, she was what I found the most in old calendars, magazines, etc. 

I picked the wall with my window on for two reasons: 1) Sunlight fades ink, so if it was on any other wall, it would all fade away in time 2) there was less room to cover and I didn't know how much material I would actually have to use.





Now, my wall consists of several large posters that I found in a Bookazine (like a magazine but with a lot more pages), I cut up a previous glossy calendar and that instantly gave me 12 x A3 sheets of material to put up, concert tickets, train tickets, quotes that inspire me, clothes tags that look pretty from shops I adore, fancy make-up or perfume packaging that looks very aesthetic on my wall, photographs with friends, magazine cuttings of short interviews, photoshoots and advertisements (GHDs, new perfumes, etc), and little memoires that I'd forgotten I owned: a card from brmb.com I was given at a concert, a card from a merchandise store saying thanks for buying off them etc etc. I think it gives my room a really personal touch and I just can't stop staring at it now! 


Thanks for reading and I hope this inspires you to change up your room!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment